350CID 290HP Deluxe
The 350/290 HP Deluxe combines Chevrolet Performance's most popular crate engine with an aluminum intake manifold* and chrome dress-up kit to create one of the most stylish and value-driven engines on the market. The chrome dress-up parts include the valve covers (with push-in breathers and "T-bar"-style hold-downs), timing cover, and air cleaner.
Like all of our crate engines, the 350/290 HP Deluxe starts with a brand-new block. And it's a strong one, with four-bolt mains. It also includes a smooth hydraulic camshaft and durable aluminum pistons that deliver an 8.0:1 compression ratio. It's a powerful, durable engine that makes a great alternative to rebuilding with your old two-bolt block.
Chevrolet Performance has all the parts you need to get your 350/290 HP engine running, too, from the starter and distributor to the plug wires and more. If you want even more power, our high-performance cylinder heads will take this stout Small-Block to the next level.
Chevrolet Performance recommends the Holley 670-cfm carburetor (P/N 19170092) for use with the 350/290 HP Deluxe.
- Part Number: 19244450.
- Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8.
- Displacement (cu. in.): 350.
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.000 x 3.480.
- Block (P/N 10066034): Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps.
- Crankshaft (P/N 93426651): Nodular iron.
- Connecting Rods (P/N 10108688): Powdered metal steel.
- Pistons (P/N 93422884): Cast-aluminum.
- Camshaft Type (P/N 3896962): Hydraulic flat tappet.
- Camshaft Lift (in.): .450 intake /.460 exhaust.
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 222° intake / 222° exhaust.
- Valve Size (in.): 1.94 intake / 1.50 exhaust.
- Compression Ratio: 8.0:1.
- Rocker Arms (P/N 10089648): Stamped steel.
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1.
- Recommended Fuel: 87 octane.
- Ignition Timing: Base 10° BTDC, 32°.
- Total Maximum Recommended rpm: 5300.
- Balanced: Internal.
- Use a neutral balance harmonic damper (P/N 12551537).
- Use an internally balanced flexplate (P/N 471529) for automatic transmission or flywheel (P/N 14085720) for manual transmission (not included).
- Power ratings based on tests with Holley 670-cfm carburetor (P/N 19170092) (not included).
- Does not accept Chevrolet Performance roller lifter assemblies.
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle.
- Not intended for marine applications.
- Pre-1986-style 2-piece rear main seal block.
- Recommended for use in vehicles with 6,000-lb GVWR or less.
- This is a Chevrolet Performance product.